GEOpractices is an international, continuous project created by undergraduate and graduate students – members of the Stanisław Pawłowski Students Scientific Association of Geographers at the Faculty of Geographical and Geological Sciences, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland.
Aims of the project:
- confrontation between formal knowledge and practice: gaining professional experience;
- widening the knowledge of the environmental sciences, especially geography, English and Spanish;
- establish scienfitic cooperation between Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan and other Universities;
- raising the level of education, especially about environmental protection;
- the development of research methodology of the Integrated Environmental Monitoring in Poland through a comparative analysis between the monitoring carried out in other geographical and economical conditions;
- presenting the results of the research at the conferences and publication the results in the scientific journals and lectures;
- drawing a public attention to the problem of living conditions in some parts of the world;
- taking active steps to protect Earth’s environment;
- promotion of the sustainable development;
- developing an interest in environmental sciences, especially geography, raising awareness of global environmental threats, getting people to take action;
- promotion of scientific expeditions as innovative form of learning, experience and travel;
- learn about the new cultures, traditions and history ;
- education by traveling;
- promotion of Poland.
Honorary patronage has been given by Elżbieta Dzikowska and Dean of the Faculty of Geographical and Geological Sciences Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan Prof. Leszek Kasprzak.